What We Provide
The Royal Alberta College (RAC) is a Government of Alberta approved educational service provider to Alberta Trades people (and learners from other jurisdictions that have an agreement with the Government of Alberta) for the Blue Seal Program
Created and delivered in partnership with
The Office of the Registrar has sectioned off the Royal Alberta Business Administration and Applied Communications with a Minor Undergraduate Diploma Program. This program has been divided into sections of key knowledge, each “block of knowledge” will allow the learner to receive the training that they desire, and a specific certificate, when the learner combines the certificates they will achieve the minimum requirement of 150 hours, and learners always have the option to complete ALL courses if they wish, after they complete the minimum 150 hours at no extra cost.
The Achievement in Business Competencies program, also known as the Blue Seal program, was established by the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board (AIT Board) to encourage and recognize the study of business subject areas completed by Alberta-recognized certified trade and occupational certificate holders at Government of Alberta accredited training schools. The Royal Alberta College (RAC) is a Government of Alberta approved educational service provider for the Blue Seal Program.
If you are a certified Alberta journeyperson in a designated trade or occupation, earning a Blue Seal proves that you not only meet Alberta’s high industry standards, but you also have the drive to develop your business skills and succeed in business, providing you more diversity in the field. By enrolling in the Royal Alberta College Blue Seal Program graduates will receive a certificate of completion that will permit you to apply to the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board for a Blue Seal by an approved educational training provider.
If you have a valid Alberta Journeyman, Occupational, Qualification or Proficiency Certificate, you can enhance your current certification with a Blue Seal.
Through the Thomas Wacowich Life Learning Legacy initiative, this program is subsidized to a rate of ZERO for those that already obtain a Red Seal or equivalency that is recognized by your local government.
Learners simply must pay a non-refundable registration and administrative fees (between $78.00 and 98.00 Canadian Dollars for the entire program) * This does NOT include the fees paid to the Government of Alberta for the issue of the seal (approx. cost is $50.00 see below for further information)
Registration Fees cover:
- Application fee –
- Administrative fee for documentation-
- Access fee (email key) to access learning
- Transcript and diploma (required for release for Blue Seal by GOA)
How to enroll
- You will need to click the enrollment button here: [button here to calendar]
- You will be provided with options for a time and date to speak to an academic advisor. This meeting will not take longer than 15min. In this meeting the advisor will ask you i.) Your current Trade designation ii.) What are the key learning outcomes that you wish to achieve, and the advisor will assist you in enrolling into a pathway.
- You will have to make a payment online, and after payment is received you will be provided with a Royal Alberta College email address, this email address will be your student ID and is required to access your learning materials and for transcripts.
How to access the online learning channels
- Go to: https://skills.yourlearning.ibm.com/
- Sign-up for a NEW account
- Enter your assigned SCHOOL email address (email@example.com)
- You will see the learning pathway, if not, type in “RAC Blue” into the search box and the Blue Seal Program pathway, which includes the courses, will be presented.
- If you have any problems email the Office of the Registrar by phone, chat or by email.
The AIT Board expresses: […] that the objective of the programs of study should be broad enough in scope to allow students the opportunity to gain exposure in as many of these subject areas as possible[…], therefore The Office of the Registrar for the Royal Alberta College has created a learning pathway for Tradespeople to obtain multiple learning outcomes in various fields, that the learner feels is relevant to their own needs.
The RAC provides online, on-demand, self-study courses and programs that have been created in partnership with some of the world’s largest companies and industry associations.
The Courses offered Are
Courses are faster and easier to access than a traditional in-classroom environment.
Learn while you earn
Learners are not required to take any time off of work, so you can still earn, while you learn.
Courses are self-paced, allowing you to manage your time, and not be told when to attend.
Students can connect with a learning navigator and/or mentor through email or connect through a live online chat at a predetermined time.
The programs stated within the chart below, when combined as indicated within the instructional pathways manual will provide the learner with the minimum requirements to achieve the Blue Seal:
|CODE||Pathway and Certificate Name||TOTAL TIME|
|PM||The Royal Alberta College and IBM Certificate in Project Management||(15 hours and 27 min)|
|E||The Royal Alberta College and IBM Certificate in Entrepreneurship||(55 hours and 20 min)|
|MOLB||The Royal Alberta College and IBM Certificate in Management, Operations & Leadership in Business||(100 hours and 55 min)|
We empower Learners!
We enable Tradespeople to obtain high-quality, industry-created, affordable and accessible business training to empower them.