What We Provide
The Royal Alberta College (RAC) is a Government of Alberta approved educational service provider to Alberta Trades people (and learners from other jurisdictions that have an agreement with the Government of Alberta) for the Blue Seal Program
Created and delivered in partnership with
The Office of the Registrar has sectioned off the Royal Alberta Business Administration and Applied Communications with a Minor Program.
This program has been divided into sections of key knowledge, each “block of knowledge” will allow the learner to receive the training and a subject specific certificate, when the learner completes ALL courses.
The combined hours is in excess of 152 hours (Current requirement by AIT is 150 hours) and qualifies the learner for the Blue Seal Certificate.
How to enroll
- Go to https://learn.alberta.college/.
- Sign up for a new account.
- Go to https://learn.alberta.college/blue-seal/ and click on the Enroll In All Now button to add all six Blue Seal courses to your cart.
- Fill in all the required information in Checkout and purchase your courses. You are now enrolled and have access to all your Blue Seal courses.
- Go to https://learn.alberta.college/dashboard/ to access your learner’s dashboard. Here you will find courses you have been enrolled in. Click on any of your Blue Seal courses to start learning. You will be prompted once to enter your Red Seal number and date of birth (this is to be displayed on your transcript after you complete the Blue Seal program).
- Once you have completed all courses in the Blue Seal program, you will find certificates for each individual course as well as your final Blue Seal transcript in the My Certificates tab of the learner’s dashboard.
How to access the online learning channels
- Go to: https://skills.yourlearning.ibm.com/
- Sign-up for a NEW account
- Enter your assigned SCHOOL email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You will see the learning pathway, if not, type in “RAC Blue” into the search box and the Blue Seal Program pathway, which includes the courses, will be presented.
- If you have any problems email the Office of the Registrar by phone, chat or by email.
The AIT Board expresses: […] that the objective of the programs of study should be broad enough in scope to allow students the opportunity to gain exposure in as many of these subject areas as possible[…], therefore The Office of the Registrar for the Royal Alberta College has created a learning pathway for Tradespeople to obtain multiple learning outcomes in various fields, that the learner feels is relevant to their own needs.
The RAC provides online, on-demand, self-study courses and programs that have been created in partnership with some of the world’s largest companies and industry associations.
The Achievement in Business Competencies program, also known as the Blue Seal program, was established by the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board (AIT Board) to encourage and recognize the study of business subject areas completed by Alberta-recognized certified trade and occupational certificate holders at Government of Alberta accredited training schools.
As per the AIT requirements, […] all eligible programs of study, which meet the minimum equivalent of 150 hours of classroom study in one or more of the Board – approved business subject areas for the Blue Seal program, qualify as full credit credentials while those with less than the equivalent of 150 hours of classroom study qualify as partial credit credentials.[…]
The Royal Alberta College (RAC) is a Government of Alberta approved educational service provider for the Blue Seal Program and offers a 152 Hour self-directed program created by Alberta certified teachers.
If you are a certified Alberta journeyperson in a designated trade or occupation, earning a Blue Seal proves that you not only meet Alberta’s high industry standards, but you also have the drive to develop your business skills and succeed in business, providing you more diversity in the field. By enrolling in the Royal Alberta College Blue Seal Program graduates will receive a certificate of completion that will permit you to apply to the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board for a Blue Seal by an approved educational training provider.
If you have a valid Alberta Journeyman, Occupational, Qualification or Proficiency Certificate, you can enhance your current certification with a Blue Seal.
Through the Thomas Wacowich Life Learning Legacy initiative, this program is subsidized for individuals who already obtain a Red Seal or equivalency that their local government recognizes.
Participants must pay the subsidized, non-refundable registration and administrative fees of $276.00 for the entire program * This does NOT include the fees paid to the Government of Alberta for the issue of the seal (approx. cost is $50.00 see below for further information)
Registration Fees cover:
- Application fee –
- An administrative fee for documentation-
- Access fee (email key) to access learning, if applicable
- Transcript and diploma (required for release for Blue Seal by GOA)
The Courses offered Are
Courses are faster and easier to access than a traditional in-classroom environment.
Learn while you earn
Learners are not required to take any time off of work, so you can still earn, while you learn.
Courses are self-paced, allowing you to manage your time, and not be told when to attend.
Students can connect with a learning navigator and/or mentor through email or connect through a live online chat at a predetermined time.
The Office of the Registrar has sectioned off the Royal Alberta Business Administration and Applied Communications with a Minor Program. This program has been divided into sections of key knowledge, each “block of knowledge” will allow the learner to receive the training and a subject specific certificate, when the learner completes ALL courses, the combined hours is in excess of 152 hours and qualifies the learner for the Blue Seal Certificate.
We empower Learners!
We enable Tradespeople to obtain high-quality, industry-created, affordable and accessible business training to empower them.