The self-paced course is the first entry level course in the Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE) program. It explores real cyber threats that pose a danger to you and me. The course offers measures that you can take to protect yourself and others from harm. It also explains basic terms and concepts that will help you in your journey to better understand cybersecurity.
The completion of all lessons and associated quizzes in this course completes the requirement to obtain the NSE 1 certification. After completing the lessons, quizzes, and course rating, you will be able to access your certification certificate from the “Completed” section of your Fortinet NSE Institute dashboard. Please allow up to 24 hours for your certificate to become available.
Lessons in the course
- The Bad Actors
- Data Security Perspectives
- Password Perspectives
- Internet Threat Perspectives
- Insider Threat Perspectives
After completing this course, you will have a general understanding of the following:
- Who are the bad actors behind cyber-attacks and what motives them
- The methods of attack that the bad actors use
- Best practices to protect yourself and the information you are entrusted to secure
- Key cybersecurity terms
Notes about the NSE 1 certification
- NSE 1 is the first, entry-level certification in the Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE) program.
- You must complete the five mandatory lessons in this course and pass all associated quizzes to obtain the NSE 1 certification.
- The certification is valid for two years from the date of completion.